Fried Provolone Recipe


I love cheese, mozzarella sticks, they were my all-time favorite appetizer. Then I tried going to the deli and asking for a large chunk of provolone instead of slices! OH my God!

This is the best ever deep-fried cheese I ever ate and you have to try it!

This recipe was adapted from over @Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine Click Here for the Original Recipe.





Here's what I did an easy version adapted from Fried Provolone/ Mozzarella via What's Cookin Italian Style Cuisine:

2 pound solid brick of provolone from the deli, sliced it into thick wedges
2 cups of Italian flavored panko or regular bread crumbs
3 eggs beaten with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, a dash of  dried oregano, parsley, and basil

Beat eggs, dip the wedges sliced thick into egg then into bread crumbs. Dip again into the egg and into bread crumbs. FREEZE on a parchment-lined cookie sheet overnight.

In a deep freezer or a deep pan filled around 4 inches with Canola or Vegetable oil, heat until hot!
Add the cheese with a metal Chinese deep frying skimmer into the oil and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

Serve with my favorite recipe of San Marzano Pizza sauce recipe CLICK HERE.

Comments