Mom's Fried Ravioli Recipe

Mom's Recipe One of my Favorites!





1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/2 c. Italian flavored bread crumbs
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1 (13 oz.) pkg. frozen large cheese ravioli, thawed or freshly homemade  ravioli .
Tomato Sauce for dipping of your choice
Olive oil and canola oil for frying

Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip each ravioli in egg, then in crumb mixture to coat well on both sides. In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil mix both together to cover the bottom of the pan about 1/2 inch; add ravioli; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden.... dip in sauce and sprinkle with more cheese.
**Optional, dip in oil then in bread crumbs bake on a cookie sheet generously coated with oil and at 400 degrees until browned.

Comments

Greg said…
I have got o try this recipe. I had them in Italy and have never made them or ordered them again.
@Greg Wow you had the real deal... I would love to know how they make them there or taste them for sure! Lucky guy! I hope to go there someday.
Tammy said…
This looks out of this world good!!! I've never had fried ravioli before, but it is definitely something I'm going to try soon! Fantastic photo!
You and your mom have awesome sites! :)

Anonymous said…
these ones fried must be very very tasty. This is a winner!
Thank you Tammy. This is something that we have at my home quite often and it's very good.
Paola thank you very much :)
My little italian kitchen they are very tasty. :)